Friday, April 15, 2011

Serving and Stress

Well, it's almost been a month since we last posted (I beat it by one day). Sorry for the lack of communication with many of you, since we know all our fans are dying to hear about our life. And, as you know, we do it all for our fans. So here you go with a quick snapshot of the last month:

St Patty's weekend was great! Mom and Dad Reynolds came and let us show them around the Bay Area for a few days. The highlight of the weekend (besides hanging out with my cool parents, of course) was getting to eat the best food around. If you know the Reynolds family, you know we plan the restaurants before any other thing in planning a vacation. We also got to tour some cool areas that Laura and I had yet to visit (such as Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Park). After fighting for 15 minutes over which house is the actual house from Full House, we moved on to Pier 39 and all that jazz. It was quite a wonderful weekend!

After our little "get away" for the weekend, Laura and I engaged in intensive Mid-Term week (which actually lasts about 2 weeks thanks to take-home tests, online tests, and in-class tests). Since then, we have been working on a massive paper on the Old Testament which has really consumed most of our last two to three weeks. All the while, we are reading and planning for our larger papers in the last month of school. Needless to say, we are ready for the latest Spring Break of our lives in another week; on a side note, I'm drafting a letter to my local Senator about planning Easter so late this year. It's absurd.

Our lives are constantly moving here, as you can tell. Aside from school, Laura and I are still leading a college ministry at our church which is going great. We are planning an event for next weekend and passing out flyers at the moment. God has also opened the door for me to preach on occasion at the church (which I am doing this weekend). He has really taught us the joy of service in the midst of a stressful life. I'm not always the easiest to deal with when I am stressed, but God has constantly taught us that He will take care of us if we follow His will. That doesn't mean it's always easy, but God definitely is being glorified in our life. I'm also glad that I have the most patient wife in the world at times when I'm a dummy (to say it nicely). God's sovereignty blows us away.

3 comments:

  1. Are we going to get to see another video of your sermon this coming w/end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like God is really using you there. I am so happy to know that you are making the best of this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete