Saturday, February 11, 2012

Ministry Moments

Since returning from the Middle East Steve and I have been in high gear. I thought I would update you on a couple of ministry moments from the last month.

One ministry highlight of ours was getting to drive three middle school girls to and from our youth Super Bowl party. We enjoyed listening to their humorous insights on life (why Coldplay rocks, what kind of awesome car they want when they can drive, how they can't stand people who constantly "like" their stuff on Facebook, and which celebrity break up was the most heart breaking...) and answering some questions about ourselves (Do you like Coldplay? Do you live together? Do you have facebook?...) One cool question that made this such a ministry highlight moment of ours was "What religion are you?" We were able to quickly share the gospel and what we stood for as Chrisitians. Isn't it awesome when evangelism is that easy!

Another Ministry highlight of the month was in our churches Wednesday night ministry. I have been praying for a while that I would be able to take the children I babysit to church with me and I finally got my chance! They came with me for the Wednesday night children's music and loved it. After talking to me and the children their parents have decided to let them come with me regularly! Praise God for his faithfulness to answer prayer! The greatness of Wednesday night didn't stop there. We had our largest group of youth attend since we joined.

I decided to write this blog because far too often it is easy to focus on the disappointments in ministry instead of the great things God is doing. God is doing great things here in Marin county and I am so thankful to be a small part of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment