Friday, December 28, 2012

Merry Christmas 2012

Cinnamon rolls on Christmas Morning
Christmas day was nice and relaxing this year. It's hard to believe this is Steve and my last Christmas as a family of 2. We were so blessed this year as my family traveled all the way from Mississippi to spend the holidays with us! We will blog about their trip separately. Steve and I were so blessed by so many people this Christmas. One of our favorite gifts this year was an internet booster! It is allowing me to type this blog from the couch! This is something we haven't had the privilege of doing since moving off campus.

Gifts aside throughout the day I thought many times, "It will be much different next year." As many of you know we are now almost 26 weeks along! This time next year we will have a (most likely) mobile baby. The most exciting things about Christmas will not be the gifts and Santa Clause (Side note: we have not decided what we want to do about Santa Clause yet...), but things like the lights on the tree and Christmas ornaments hanging just a little too low. Steve and I are so ready for our world to be turned upside down! In my limited understanding of parenthood I can only think it will be much like I felt when I became a Christian. The feeling of, "how did I ever think I was complete and happy before?" For now, however, while I wait in anticipation, I am enjoying treasuring all of these things up in my heart just as Mary did long ago. (I also have an appreciation for how far she traveled on that donkey!!!)
January 2012 riding a donkey in Jordan. It's a very bumpy ride!!! I can't imagine doing it with a  baby on board.

A little look at Christmas this year:

Daddy (Steve) bought Baby Reynolds 1st Christmas gift! A pouch of veggies!!!
A stroller from Mom and Dad Bullock
Carlena came over to celebrate the birth of our savior too!
Rebecca in her new helmet.
Our BIG gift from Mom and Dad Bullock!!! Thank you from all 3 of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment