Saturday, April 14, 2012

Getting Crafty

So despite the fact that I have a paper Due on Tuesday I managed to put that to the side and make a craft... and then blog about it. (As my mother told me I have to keep my priorities in order "Craft first and then stay up all night on the paper")

My Sweet Friend Cynthia informed me that she was hosting a craft party and that I was invited. Of course I excepted the invitation without hesitation. Then came the problem. What do I make? I have been working on a knitting project (which I will post about in another blog) but had come to a stopping point and run out of yarn. I knew the project had to cost me little to no money so I turned to Pintrest for inspiration. After about 10 minutes of looking I decided I would make a wreath.  Thank goodness for creative people because I managed to find an idea that used strips of material and a coat hanger. As luck would have it I came into some free material a while back and  was the owner of a coat hanger!

So I wanted to share the results with you of how it turned out...



Not bad for a coat hanger, material, and a little bit of time if I do say so myself!

The inspiration for my wreath came from this blog: http://smilemonsters.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-burlap-wreath.html

If you want to make one too this blog gives a really great (easy!!) step by step. The only thing I did differently was I added a hanger to the top and knotted strips of red checkered cloth in between the strips of material for a touch of color.

Well I guess it's time to get back to writing that paper now.

No comments:

Post a Comment