Sunday, February 17, 2013

Graduation Day

This update is obviously long over due but I wanted to post a few pictures and be able to reflect on the special moment.

I (Laura) felt so extremely blessed on my graduation day. I not only had my loving husband cheering me on but also my mom, dad, sister, grandma, mother-in-law, and father-in-law! I know I'm one lucky girl!! The day started with rehearsal and learning how to put on the gown. I especially loved the "wings" that they give you with a Master's degree gown. They are perfect for hiding a cellphone or some chap-stick ;)

Following that we took some pictures and then had a wonderful lunch put on by the school. Dr. Iorg spoke and it was powerful.

The afternoon was busy but really nice. We got some family pictures taken by the amazing Garrett Barber. (Thanks for putting up with all of us!) Here are a few of my favorites!









The graduation itself was also very meaningful. It was small and intimate. I only knew about 1/3rd of the 50 or so graduates as many had come from other campuses to join in with us. In fact I was the only person graduating with my specific degree. When It came time for me to walk across the stage little to my knowledge 5 professors who I admire greatly because of their great character and faith stood to applaud me. My family told me of this later. It overwhelmed my heart. The entire event was refreshing. It reminded me once again of the Father's great love for me and why I want to serve him with my whole heart and life. I look forward to a little over a year from now to do this all again with my amazing husband. I can't wait to be his cheerleader!

No comments:

Post a Comment